BCPO HOSTS ANNUAL EDUCATORS’ CONFERENCE
For Immediate Release:
October 24, 2022
Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella announces that the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office (“BCPO”) annual SNAP conference will be held on Tuesday, October 25, 2022, at the Venetian in Garfield, NJ. The theme for this year’s conference, “Tools for Schools to Keep our Students Safe: An Update on School Safety Strategies and Drug Trends” will focus on school safety and drug prevention strategies. This program is presented to educators, law enforcement officers, and social service professionals who interact with Bergen County youth.
Conference topics will include:
• School Shooters: Prevention, Planning, and Practice
• Handling Our Students with Care: Prevention as the Best Intervention
• Swatting: An Inside Look at Hoax Threat Calls
• A Look at Marijuana and Youth Post-Decriminalization
• Marijuana and the Developing Brain: A Biopsychosocial Approach
• Current Youth Drug Trends
• Presentation of the annual School Resource Officer Excellence Award
This annual conference was first held in 1991 as part of the Statewide Narcotics Action Plan and has continued each year in Bergen County, except during Covid, as an opportunity for law enforcement to brief educators about the issues facing local youth. It is funded solely through funds forfeited from criminal offenders.
More than 300 school personnel, law enforcement, and social service professionals from Bergen County will attend this event. News media are invited to provide coverage of the conference and should give notice of their planned attendance to email@example.com.
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 – 9:00 a.m.
The Venetian, 546 River Drive, Garfield, NJ